Tugawe Cove Resort in Caramoan, Philippines is located in one of the Philippines' most pristine peninsulas. With its serene hidden lakes, towering limestone karst formations, and white, sandy beaches, it is steadily gaining popularity all over the world. It has even provided the setting for numerous international reality TV shows and was the inspiration for the novel and movie, “The Beach”. However, amid this well-deserved rise to fame, the haven still remains unspoiled, thus continuously letting people experience their desired heaven on earth. Truly, it is the quintessential answer to the question “Where to stay in Caramoan?”.
Though isolated from the rest of the province, the islands hold a multitude of attractions more than enough to fill your tropical fantasy. And the best thing is, all these are only a few steps and rides from our Caramoan accommodation. Our staff will assist you to reach the following:
- Sabitang Laya – an uninhabited island with twin white-sand beaches
- Lantanganan Island – a place to find a unique beach with smooth stones on its shores rather than sand
- Patag Bay – a famed venue for rock climbing
- Matukad Island – popular not only among swimmers for its white-sand beach, but also among hikers because of the lagoon hidden behind its magnificent rock formations
- Other nearby paradises – Manlawi sandbar, Minalahos, Pitogo Bay, Lahos, Cagbalinad, Lahuy, Cotivas, Aguirangan, Katanhawan Island, Tinago Cove, Cotivas Island
- Waterfalls – Layahan, Hugsad, Patag-Belen, Baligian
- Caves – Manipis, Umang, Culapnit
- Our Lady of Peace Grotto – an image of the Virgin Mary at the end of a 553-step stairway
How to Get Here
To reach Tugawe Cove Resort, book a flight from Manila to Virac via Cebu Pacific Air. Upon arrival at the city airport, travel by land to Codon Port for 30 to 45 minutes. Car rental service may be arranged for you — fees are payable to the driver. Finally, board Tugawe Cove Resort's boat and travel for about 30 minutes, depending on the sea condition.
Click here for boat transfer schedules
Following are 2 options for you trip back to Manila:
- Travel by sea for approximately 2 hours to Talisay Port in San Jose. Tugawe Cove's boat leaves at 11 am.
- Travel by land to the town proper of Naga City. Car rental service may be arranged for you. Fees are payable to the driver.
- Take a bus to Manila. This leaves at 9 pm, and length of travel is 8 to 9 hours.
- Check-out at 4:30 am and travel by sea from the resort to Codon Port.
- Travel by land to Virac Airport.
- Take a 7:15 am flight to Manila via Cebu Pacific Air.
Cebu Pacific Air flies to Virac on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays. If you plan to book a round-trip flight to Naga City, take the earliest flight to Naga and the last flight to Manila.
For land transfers to and from the airport, get in touch with our staff at Tugawe Cove Resort and we'll be glad to bring you here expediently.
Click here for travel itinerary suggestions.
View Tugawe Cove Resort in a larger map